For a full list of Bob’s publications click here.
Highlights since 2015
- Why is preventing antibiotic resistance so hard? Analysis of failed resistance management. S Zhou, C Barbosa, RJ Woods. Evolution, Medicine and Public Health.
- Antibiotics can be used to contain drug-resistant bacteria by maintaining sufficiently large sensitive populations. E Hansen, J Karslake, RJ Woods, AF Read, KB Wood. PloS Biology.
- Bystander Selection for Antimicrobial Resistance: Implications for Patient Health. VJ Morley, RJ Woods, AF Read. Trends in Microbiology.
- Impact of an antimicrobial stewardship intervention on within-and between-patient daptomycin resistance evolution in vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium. CL Kinnear, TS Patel, CL Young, V Marshall, DW Newton, AF Read, RJ Woods. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy.
- Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus Acquisition in a Tertiary Care Hospital: Testing the Roles of Antibiotic Use, Proton Pump Inhibitor Use, and Colonization Pressure. R Chanderraj, JA Millar, TS Patel, AF Read, L Washer, KS Kaye, RJ Woods. Open Forum Infectious Diseases.
- A speed-fidelity trade-off determines the mutation rate and virulence of an RNA virus. WJ Fitzsimmons, RJ Woods, JT McCrone, A Woodman, JJ Arnold, M Yennawar, R Evans, CE Cameron, AS Lauring. PLoS biology.
- Stochastic processes constrain the within and between host evolution of influenza virus. JT McCrone, RJ Woods, ET Martin, RE Malosh, AS Monto, AS Lauring. eLife.
- Evolution-informed forecasting of seasonal influenza A (H3N2). X Du, AA King, RJ Woods, M Pascual. Science translational medicine.
- How to use a chemotherapeutic agent when resistance to it threatens the patient. E Hansen, RJ Woods, AF Read. PLoS biology.